vendredi 14 janvier 2011

The world of Yakult

Reading two sites I discovered recently, Kyoto Foodie and Bionic Bong, I just found randomly in the last a very interesting new (well, new for me), that Yakult exists too in different flavors - but only in Singapore, seems.  Orange, grape and apple. As you can see, the colors are beautiful.

But although I didn't try them, I think I prefer the original one. Its taste is so specific that I'd miss something if it was corrupted.
Well, do you know Yakult ? It's like "Actimel version japonaise"... only in the principe though. Because if Actimel seems like milk or liquid yoghurt, Yakult is everything but milky. It's very light, in consistency and taste, almost aqueous, with a really particular flavor - it can't be explained but tasted.... The fact is that I miss it so much. When I lived in Paris, I was really addict. I discovered it first in "La Grande Epicerie de Paris" (the grocery store of the Bon Marché). It was really a miracle at that time .... - but a really expensive one...... (You bet, imported from Japan and sold in La Grande Epicerie !). But after that, the Champion (well, it was still Champion and not "Carrefour City'...) at Cardinal Lemoine started to have it, so it was great. 
(picture from STOP! Look, Listen)
The bottle, very small, a litlle translucid and a little opaque, is as refreshing as the drink - yes the great caracteristic of Yakult is this very refreshing side, as if a river or a brook was flowing gently in your mouth. It's evanescent.
Anyway, when you see this bottle, open, you want to drink it, it's impossible to resist. I'm sure you feel the same. Look at the rim of the neck of this bottle...  You want to drink it, right ?
And for the Brazilian people (ahahaha ;) ) it seems (thanks Google) that there is even a brazilian bottle !!!
But it's a pity. I'm actually looking at the european site, http://www.yakulteurope.com/, and you can find it all over in the other countries (yes in Italy too ! - smile), but in France, only in Paris..... ?????? but... why that ??? french discrimination, I protest. (in the site, you can click on your country if you want more informations). I forgot, Yakult has sugar, but from this site, it seems you can find it in light version - I don't guarantee the taste, I don't know.
It's been a long time since I discovered them in my student years, must have been around 2002 I guess. At the same time, and the same day, I remember I have bought  - still at La Grande Epicerie - spanish yogurt with pieces of Aloe vera. All these things were very new at that time, not like today. And they were really really good. The design of the yogurt too, very appealing. I am pretty sure they were spanish (there were also spanish yoghurt like Yakult or Actimel, with strawberry flavor), but I can't find it on internet. I only found the ones by Emmi, a swiss brand.

I think they must taste good too, since this brand is really good.

There is a Yakult vending machine too.... with Yakult quietly wainting in their field. It must be the Yakult paradise. If I could have one which dispenses yakults through the workings of the Holy Spirit (I found this translation in a Larousse online, but I don't know if it's good or not, and if it really exists in english. It's a french sentence "par l'opération du Saint-Esprit")....

 





Originally uploaded by cav...

To finish with Yakult, you can even find ice cream. By Yakult, like this
 (from DeeCoded via Google Images)
or in other countries, for example 

(from the blog i-first person singular)

Oh, I forgot to show you Yakult in their wrapping
(from R.I.P Diet via Google Images)
Here the flavored ones, but, the amazing one are the original, in their very long pack
Sorry, I didn't find a really satisfactory picture for the originals, and since I can't buy them, it can't be helped. The pack are with 7 bottles.

Hope you'll become addict too, and your intestinal flora too....
But like a Facebook group says , "Shirota strain ? Who cares! I drink Yakult because it tastes good !"

2 commentaires:

Steph a dit…

Je viens de capter que j'ai vu la pub plein de fois à la télé en fait ; j'avais pas fait le lien !!! Donc oui, je dois pouvoir en trouver facilement ! J'irai voir à mon supermarché la prochaine fois.
Bisous !

Jsparkenbroke a dit…

Argh!!!! jamais vu une seule en France !! c*** d'Italiens va!
:P

Enregistrer un commentaire